Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

we are here

Shabbat Shalom from Jerusalem!

So we had our first visit to the Old City today, which was pushed along by a photo scavenger hunt. We had lots of fun and it was very nice to be back at the Kotel, even though a bird pooped on me right as I approached the wall. My group said it was a sign... but of what? 

We then had time for shabbat prep, and we lit the shabbat candles together and walked to Kol Haneshama, a reform temple in Jerusalem. Services were good, and it was cool to see that all the tunes were similar even though everything was in Hebrew. I even saw an advisor from youth group who is now living in Jerusalem while her husband is at school. It was very funny, because we both made eye contact during the service, but had trouble figuring out how we knew each other. 

Well, that was my friday. Its nice because we have a bit of down time tonight and tomorrow, and then we finish up orientation and head south to Kibbutz Yahel. 

I'll leave you with pictures of my group in Jerusalem.




-Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment